Skateboarding is among the most popular sports activity for kids. Any child can enjoy this activity as long as they have top quality skating equipment. A skateboard is the most important item for skating. However, purchasing any skateboard for kids is a bad idea.
It is because most of these units are not safe for kids. Some are not stable enough to support the weight of your kid, while others may not be durable.
To make your work easier when buying, we have compiled a list of the top 7 skateboards for a 10-year old beginner. When comparing their specifications, you will find that all of them have outstanding features that will guarantee the safety of your kid.
You will also find that they are all made of reliable and sturdy materials. Apart from that, they are pocket-friendly and are also available in different colors and designs.
Top 7 Skateboards for a 10-year Old Beginner
This one is an exceptional skateboard that outperforms many other models on the market. One of the most outstanding things about it is that it uses Skatro Flexy Technology, which is a proprietary manufacturing process that ensures each board provides optimal flex.
It is also equipped with 7 skatro bearings and 59 mm, Urethane Skatro wheels for easy movement. What you need to know about these ABEC-7 bearings is that they are made from bearing steel metal, which is a harder metal than carbon steel.
Due to this, they help to reduce friction when the bearings are rotating. Again, they minimize the chances of wear and tear on the bearing because of the hard surface.
The good thing with bearing steel is that it provides an excellent performance since the metal surface is very strong. You should also note that this skateboard comes with a T-tool, which has a value of $10.
In addition, it comprises of a high rebound bushings, 80A PU skateboard wheels, 3.2-inch magnalium trucks and ABEC-7 bearings which have excellent shock absorption properties.
The other impressive thing your kid will love about this skateboard is that the wheels contain LED lights that function without batteries. The LED light is always on when riding, which adds more fun. Note that movements and not batteries power these lights.
The surface is slip-resistant since it is made using pressure-resistant environmental protection materials. This design guarantees the safety of your kids, especially those who are just starting.
The good thing about ToyerBee is that it comes as a complete skateboard. A repair kit is also included, which comprises 2 wheel screws, 2 truck screws, and a multifunctional wrench. It also comes with 4 smooth, anti-abrasion, and anti-shock wheels, which has a measurement of 55 mm.
These wheels feature ABEC-7 precision high-speed alloy bearing, which is made of stainless steel. The board also boasts a 9-layer hardwood Canadian maple construction, which gives it more stability as compared to plastic boards.
If you are searching for a perfect skateboard for a beginner, this one will be the best to start with. When it comes to design, this one is an exceptional skateboard because it has a black and white magic graffiti backboard, which is covered by 3 layers of paint to prevent damages. Again, it is waterproof and slip-resistant to enhance safety.
Decks are also included on both ends to allow users to do different technical skating tricks. It also has a kick tail and nose for slides, sharp turning, and pivots.
It means that your kid can carry it easily, either when going to school or around town. It provides excellent control, and it’s also easy to brake. With this board, your kid can do various skating tricks and basic stunts without any problem. The 3.25-inch pro aluminum trucks provide a smooth turning experience.
Unlike others, this one is made of highly flexible plastic, and it also comes with 59 X 45mm PU wheels, which help to reduce vibrations. These wheels are equipped with high-speed ABEC-9 bearings to give you a fast and smooth ride. On top of that, a T-tool is also included, which allows you to adjust the screws as per your requirements.
Apart from the attractive appearance, this skateboard comes as a complete set, meaning that no assembly is required. Again, it features high-quality, 3.15-inch thick aluminum trucks, and it can support up to 220 lbs. You will also love its compact design, which allows you to carry it easily to different places.
The deck is made of long-lasting and bendable polypropylene material to enhance stability and comfort. The 4 castors are highly durables and are also large and soft to support you on different surfaces.
Another impressive thing is that it is CE certified, which means that it is well built and safe to ride.
ChromeWheels Skateboard 22 is designed for all riders, whether you are a beginner or an experienced rider. It comes fully assembled, which means that you can use it immediately after you have removed it from the box.
The colorful LED light-up wheels contain magnetic steel, and the light increases according to the rolling speed. Another notable thing is its unique pattern, which makes it different from the rest. Since it is CE certified, it means that your kid can use it safely without any worry.
The ABEC-7 high-speed bearings and the 3-inch aluminum-alloy truck enable it to provide excellent performance. Again, it comes with a long-lasting deck which is made of bendable polypropylene material.
To prevent accidental sliding, this deck features an anti-slip pattern that provides stability and comfort when skating. Its size is very decent since you can carry it anywhere you want.
Due to this, it boosts their skating experience by adding more fun. It is designed for kids who are 5-10 years old. Note that it also supports a total weight of 100lbs, which means that it is not very strong. Another excellant feature you will find in this board is that it features a PVC-injected 50mm X 27mm wheels, which have nylon bearings.
As a result, these wheels roll smoothly on any surface. In addition, it has a steel axle and composite truck which supports higher weight and also helps to enhance speed. This board has a single kicktail design, which provides better control by allowing you to break easily.
In terms of durability, it is among the rare skateboards that will serve you for a long time since it is made of a thick and durable 9-ply maple.
Factors to consider when buying skateboards for a 10-year-old
When searching for skateboards for your kid, there are several things you need to check to ensure your kids are safe when skating. Some of these things are;
- Durability– You do not need to replace a skateboard from time to time. Therefore, you should check the materials used to ensure that it will last for a long time. The most reliable skateboards are made of fiberglass, Canadian maple, and hard plastic.
- Size– When buying, ensure the skateboard you have picked is suitable for kids because if it is too big, your kid may not be able to balance well. The size of the deck can be classified into four categories which include;
- Micro deck – This one has a measurement of 6.5 inches X 6.75 Inches. It is meant for kids who are just learning how to skate. If your kid is less than 3 years, this will be the best size.
- Mini deck- This one is suitable for kids who are between 6-8 years. The deck has a width of 7 inches, which makes it suitable for kids who are 3.5-4.5 feet tall.
- Midsized deck – Mid-sized deck has a width of 7.3 inches, and it is the most ideal for kids between 9-12 years.
- Full –size decks – You should consider a full-sized deck if your kid is 5.3 feet tall. Most of these decks have a width of 7.5 inches, but this may vary according to the design.
- Assembly– You need to be very careful when buying a skateboard because not all of them come pre-assembled. It is good to confirm that the one you are buying comes as a complete unit.
- Quality– The easiest way to determine the quality of the unit is by checking the materials used. to support the weight of your kid.
- Price– In most cases, the cheap skateboards may not last since they are made of low-quality materials. The first thing that should come into your mind when buying these units is safety. Therefore, don’t be tempted to purchase the cheap ones if you want to get value for your money.
- Wheels– Wheels are the most important part of the skateboard because they determine how the skateboard will move. Big wheels are the best since they move faster than the smaller ones. Hard wheels are also great because they are not only fast, but they also provide maximum grip when moving.
- Design– Nowadays, skateboards for kids come with attractive features that make skating to be a fun activity for your son or daughter. For example, a skateboard with LED light on the wheel will be an excellent option for your young one.
How to choose a skateboard for beginners?
Finding the right skateboard for beginners today is a snap if you know the criteria for a good board. Only a skateboard that meets the established quality standards will become a safe hobby for a child, so before buying, you should get acquainted with all the nuances of this vehicle.
How to choose a skateboard for a child – general rules
Parents are interested in how to choose a skateboard for beginner children. For the first board, beauty and unusual design are not the main criteria. Skate should be convenient and straightforward, appropriate age categories, and height. At the same time, age is not a decisive factor when buying a board for a child. It is worth bearing in mind the pros and cons of this hobby.
- development of coordination of movements and training of the balance organ;
- lack of fixation, which allows you to jump off the board at any time;
- lack of size – no need to change the skate every season;
- minimum hazardous elements;
- relatively affordable prices.
- it’s challenging to learn how to ride a skateboard – at first, the child will have to work hard;
- injury hazard;
- a large number of low-quality boards.
In order not to purchase a fake, adults need to know how to choose the right skateboard for the child.
When choosing, always take into account such moments:
- The width of the board. The lower this indicator, the more maneuverable the board, the more – the easier it is to keep the balance on it. Beginner sportsmen buy models with an average width.
- Length. This indicator does not affect the riding process. The standard size is 78.7 cm, but for young skateboarders, they choose shorter.
- Material. It is better to purchase models made of wood. Plastic products are cheap, but they are short-lived.
- Bend. Beginning skateboarders are buying flat boards.
- Surface. Deck integrity must not be compromised. Otherwise, it quickly deforms.
Children’s board should be strong, but light.
Varieties of designs and types of children’s skateboards
For boys and girls 5- 10 years old, they get a classic skateboard on 4 wheels. Models for such children should be of a fixed size.
The design of any skateboard has the following basic elements:
- Skateboard. Skateboard base consisting of thin wood sheets. Most often, these are 7-9 layers; lightweight models have 5, skateboards for a child – 6-7.
- Coating. In appearance, it looks like a grinding skin, thanks to which the feet do not slip during the riding process.
- Suspension. The element connecting the board to the wheels.
- Wheels The main selection criterion is rigidity. Optimum rigidity makes skate movement smooth.
- Other items.
The Final Verdict
Buying a skateboard may seem to be an easy task, but it requires a lot of research. You need to confirm that the wheels are reliable and can provide excellent shock absorption.
The board should also be slip-resistant to prevent accidental sliding. Another important thing you should check is the maximum weight it can support. Look for aboard that can support at least 200 lbs because you won’t have to keep buying a new one as your child grows.