Skateboarding is a cool sport that many kids might be interested in. If you have a child who likes skateboarding, and you are thinking of buying them one as a gift, you are in the right place.
There are many skateboards in the market, but not all of them stand out. The best skateboards are built with impeccable style and standards. When choosing a skateboard for your kid, don’t fall for good looks and end up making the wrong decision.
Your selection should be made with caution because a bad skateboard can cause serious injuries to your child when they use it. We have compared some of the best skateboards for 6 years old are so that you carefully compare and make an ideal choice based on the needs of your child.
Product Comparison Table
|Magneto||Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard Cruiser | Short Board | Canadian Maple Deck - Designed for Kids, Teens and Adults … (Heart Beat)||Prime||Buy Now|
|ToyerBee||ToyerBee Skateboards with A Repair Kit, 31" x 8" Complete Skateboard for Kids & Adults, 9 Layer Canadian Maple Double Kick Skate Board for Extreme Sports and Outdoors, Skateboards for Beginners &Pro||Prime||Buy Now|
|YF YOUFU||YF YOUFU 23 Inch Beginner Skateboard for Girls/Boys, Plastic Deck Cruiser Complete Mini Skateboards for Beginners/Youth/Adults||Prime||Buy Now|
|SKITCH||SKITCH Complete Skateboards Gift Set for Beginners Boys and Girls of All Ages with 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Board + All Accessories (Blue Galaxy)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Meketec||MEKETEC Skateboards Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard for Kids Boys Youths Beginners 22 Inch(The Starry Sky)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Krown||Krown KRRC-49 Bengal Rookie Complete Skateboard, 7.5 x 31||Prime||Buy Now|
|KPC||KPC Pro Skateboard Complete, Black and White Checker||Prime||Buy Now|
Top Rated Beginner Skateboards Buying Guide And Reviews
Best Skateboards For 6 Years Old Beginners
- YF YOUFU 22 Inch Skateboard For Kids
- Krown Rookie Skateboard Complete 7.5
- MEKETEC 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Playshion Complete 22-Inch Mini Cruiser Skateboard for Beginners
- Skitch Premium Complete Skateboard Set
- KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
Built using the best of materials, this mini cruiser skateboard is portable and fun to ride. It is the perfect choice for a beginner because it is super simple to use. The bold graphic design gives it the perfect cool look. Which kid doesn’t want a cool design on their skateboard in style?
Be assured that your child will be cruising smoothly around your neighborhood as the highly responsive wheels of this skateboard ride smooth on rough pavements, concrete paths, and even surfaces.
The double kick tails design is perfect for when your kid is ready to start cool stunts like ollies and flips. The weight and size make this mini skateboard easy to handle. Your child can pop it in their backpack when not in use and carry it around easily.
- 5 inches long and 7.5 inches wide
- Double kick tails
- Sand grit finish
It can support weights up to 400lbs, meaning your child doesn’t need to change their skateboard when they grow older. The trucks provide stable skateboarding for beginners and enough flexibility for more advanced skater who wishes to practice stunts.
The smooth anti-abrasive, anti-shock wheels prevent skidding and ensure your child will be safe from major accidents as they use the skateboard. The beautiful design is created with eco-friendly waterproof paint, so don’t worry about wearing if your little one wants to get it wet.
The smooth wheels with stainless alloy bearing, trucks are complete with riser pads; it aids in reducing vibration and ride will be stable. No assembly is required, so your child can start using this skateboard immediately after they receive it.
- 31 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Anti-abrasive, anti-shock wheels
- Made with durable, high-quality Canadian maple wood.
Even the wheels are made of highly durable PU. The small and portable design makes this skateboard easy to carry around. There are four illuminating LED wheels without that work without batteries. Any 6 years old will love this additional kink, and you never have to worry about replacing batteries.
This skateboard is made from eco-friendly pressure-resistant materials. The tail plate has a 30-degree tilt, making it ideal for stunting. It is an excellent skateboard to take on the go. It can carry up to 200lbs and is big enough to balance a child even on rough surfaces.
- 22 inches long and 6 inches wide
- Made from flexible and durable polypropylene material
- Features glowing LED wheels
It is the skateboard you want to get for a kid who loves skateboarding but isn’t confident enough to get on one. It is very balanced to build trust and takes turns very easily so your child can progress smoothly when they are ready.
The plastic cruiser has a compact body and a sturdy deck bendable polypropylene. This skateboard is portable and durable, so your kid can easily carry it around and use it for many years.
The high-quality polypropylene material combined with PU wheels creates a recipe for a long-lasting skateboard. No matter how often or rigorous your child’s skating is, this board will stand firm and serve well.
The wheels come with high-speed bearings to avoid any accidents while practicing or riding. It is excellent for beginners and ensures your child will have fun. The colorful design is nice and vibrant, and it will please your child.
- 5 inches long and 6 inches wide
- 200lb maximum load weight
- Suitable for any level of rider
It is more than a skateboard. It is a complete kit for your child to enjoy and a terrific gift at any time of the year. The beautifully designed skateboard comes with tools and a tote bag for easy storage and movement.
Your child will enjoy a buttery smooth ride after you twitch the adjustable bearers to fit their needs. It is the perfect skateboard for beginners because of the fully adjustable speed levels that can be reduced for children and increased for pros.
This is the best 22-inch mini cruiser skateboard for all kids from ages 4 to 13. The retro skateboard trucks offer a classic vintage design while gel wheels are super smooth and offer high traction. This Skitch skateboard set is made with sturdy plastic materials that will stand the test of time. It is customizable, adaptable, and designed by skateboard lovers who want you to have the best experience.
- 22 inches long and 6 inches wide
- Complete skating set
- Speed can be adjusted
Stylish children’s stunt skate with a beautiful pattern will not leave indifferent any child. When creating this board, several technologies were used:
Cold Press Technology and Froxy Glue. The first allows you to make the deck strong and reliable, minimizing the risk of a “screw”, and the advantages of the second are that all decks are made using epoxy glue. It increases the strength, weight of the device, and contributes to better resistance to temperature extremes.
- manufactured by two technologies: cold press and Froxy Glue;
- stylish appearance with a knight, ideal for a boy and will not leave him indifferent;
- lightweight aluminum suspension.
- No cons found.
We ordered the child a birthday through Amazon. It came quickly, the child is wildly delighted! He says that he really likes how beautiful he is. Already learned to do a couple of tricks. Lightweight, maneuverable! I advise you to look at this model.
A good board for beginners who want to learn how to do tricks. Concave (bends running along with the platform) are provided for flip-tricks with the rotation of the “board”, and curved tail and noose allow you to overcome street curbs or other obstacles. Good bearings resistant to dust, water, and dirt ensure a smooth ride.
- lightweight (2.35 kg);
- deck made of 9 layers of Canadian maple;
- carrying capacity up to 100 kilograms;
- ABEC 5 bearing is not afraid of dust, dirt, and water.
- Only 31 days warranty.
I bought my son for 6 years, he asked very much. I didn’t want to buy, I was worried that something would break, be damaged, or break itself. But the child persuaded, on condition that he would ride in special protection. Thank God it rolls neatly, maximum scratches. The son is happy, he says that the skate is comfortable and strong.
From the famous brand, Playshion, comes a marvelous skateboard, designed with perfection named Playshion mini cruiser skateboard. It has all the specifications needed to ride smoothly. This adorable, minimalist board is a dream come true for the beginners.
Now your five-year-old, six-year-old, thirteen-year-old, or any kid above 5 or any teen weighing less than 220lb can ride around, gliding with ease. It is so far one of the best skateboards with perfect size. What more could the super-active kids ask for!
This excellent mini cruiser has a wide variety of colored decks that make it look nice while the soft wheels it has are perfect for kids who are determined to go a long way with their cruisers.
This stunning skateboard by Playshion is made with care by a fine fiberglass compound and put forth with an aim; it is there to let the young skateboarders take their dreams to the next level. It is admired by many and owned by even more. Also, considered the perfect alternative for the penny board, Playshion mini cruiser’s sturdy deck provides the best support.
The product specifications include:
- Fiberglass compound made a 22-inch deck that comes in exciting colors that hold weight up to 220lbs.
- Anti-wheel-bite design for swift turns and prevention from rough stops.
- 25-inch, colored aluminum trucks with soft injection cushion.
- 59 by 45mm wide soft, durable wheels that roll with ease.
- Bearings of ABEC-9
- A separate skate tool that can adjust the wheels according to the liking be it tight or loose.
This Amazon bestseller is highly recommended, keeping these unique features in mind.
Who is it made for?
Playshion mini cruiser skateboard is made for kids starting from 5,6,7,8, years of age, teens, and adults weighing less than or equal to 220lbs. It comes in both minimalist and detailed designs so the skateboarders can pick for themselves the color of their choices.
These are the strongest among the skateboards mentioned above with fiberglass made deck and ABEC-9 bearings. The grip is excellent, and the riding is easily made comfortable.
No more scrapes and bruises! This much stronger skateboard is so far the best among others. With the right balance and kicks, the skateboarder is good to go! Fantastic finishing and flawless design are what make it perfect along with a safe and strong deck.
What You Should Consider Before Buying A Skateboard For Your Child?
Buying a skateboard can be challenging, especially if you have no idea where to start and what to look out for. Thankfully, we have a quick list of things for you to read through, so you know what you’re doing and make the right skateboard choice for your child.
All 6 year old’s aren’t the same size, so choose a skateboard size that will match the height and weight of your child. Bearing in mind kids can grow very fast, don’t opt for a perfect or mini size.
Leave room for future growth, or you might have to replace their skateboard before you know it. If you choose an extremely large size, your child will feel uncomfortable and unbalanced.
- Physical features
A skateboard has many parts, including the deck, truck, wheels, bearing, and more. The makeup of these things determines how good a skateboard is. Some skateboards come with safety gear, so you don’t have to search for and purchase this necessary equipment separately.
While buying a skateboard, consider which parts are more important to you and what characteristics you need them to have.
- Check for quality
You want a high-quality skateboard to ensure your child’s safety, but not every option in the market is the best quality. By considering the manufacture materials, you can decide the quality of the product. You can also check customer reviews to learn about real-life experiences other buyers have had. A few bad reviews aren’t enough to ward you off, but avid buying a skateboard if there are too many negative reports.
Make sure you don’t go to a skateboard store if you haven’t determined your budget. There are many options for different prices, so you are sure to find a good fit. You don’t have to splurge on a skateboard if you’re not sure your child will be enthusiastic enough about the sport to use it often. If you’re ready to invest in the highest quality for a child that is serious with skateboarding, bear in mind the excellent quality skateboards will cost more than others.
- Look for kids’ interest
You will pull out the cash to buy the skateboard, but you won’t own it or ride it. You don’t have to listen to everything that your kid wants in skateboard, but consider buying something they would love and enjoy to ride. If your child doesn’t like the skateboard, it could sit pretty collecting dust, and you would have wasted good money.
How To Teach Your Child To Skateboard?
Skateboarding, like many sports, is best picked up as a child. Children are more agile and ready to learn than adults or even teenagers. They shouldn’t learn how to skateboard just because it sounds logical, and skateboarding has rich benefits for kids.
Skateboarding will teach your kids toughness, coordination, and determination. If you’re ready to start training your little one on skating, you can use the steps and tips discussed here.
- Start practicing on carpet or grass. This will restrict the skateboard’s movements, so your kid isn’t startled when it moves too fast.
- Move on to smooth surfaces when the child is comfortable enough to move on the skateboard. Rougher surfaces can cause more severe injuries if they fall.
- Teach them to place their feet close to the bolts when standing on the skateboard. Encourage them to practice getting on and off the board.
- Teach them to flex their heels and toes to lean backward and forward, respectively. They should slightly bend their knees for this part.
- Hold their hand and ride them around, making sure to note their dominant foot.
- Encourage your kid to keep going, don’t compare them with other children who are learning faster.
What you need to know about skateboards for the right choice
The first thing to do is to decide what the board is for? There are two options: to ride it not only in the park with smooth asphalt but also in the city; or do tricks. Whichever option you choose, it is important to consider all kinds of boards, popular models. It will be much easier to choose.
What is a skateboard?
The first option is a classic skateboard. It consists of three main parts: decks, pendants, wheels. The deck is the backbone of the skateboard. Usually, it is bent up on both sides and has a non-slip surface for the legs. Turning the board over, it’s easy to see the four small wheels, and the pendant attached to the deck.
Each board has its own personality. It lies in a unique drawing on one of its sides. The Classic board is small in size, small hard wheels. The whole structure is built so that you can easily maneuver, as well as perform tricks.
Fashion for skateboards came from the United States of the fifties of the twentieth century. They came up with surfers missing the waves. When the water was calm, the athletes had no choice but to make a “ground” analogue of the boards. Since California became the birthplace of surfing, the first skateboarding competitions were also held there. Gradually, the popularity of these models of skateboards spread throughout the world.
What is a longboard?
The second option is a longboard. The main differences between this type of boards and skateboards: a longer deck, the suspension on them is wider, and the wheels are larger. In this case, the base of the long can be quite straight, and not bent. It is easy to guess that the functionality of the boards is different. They are not at all for tricks in the park, they are more similar in purpose to real surfboards.
They can be dissected through the city streets, smoothly tacking, like along the waves. Legs are much more comfortable on such a board because of its increased length. A softer wide suspension and large, softened wheels make it possible to maneuver at speed.
The history of longboards began a little earlier than the history of skateboards but then went in parallel. At some point, “stunt” boards became more popular than “walking” boards. But the longs retained their individuality thanks to more mature admirers. At the end of the twentieth century, they could meet more and more young people who were “over thirty”. At the beginning of the two-thousandth year, a new wave of fashion for longboards went. Until now, they are extremely popular all over the world.
Selection Criteria for Skateboards
How to choose a skate? To choose a good stunt board, it is important to pay attention to the characteristics of all its parts.
- Deck material. The base itself is about eighty centimeters long, from nineteen to twenty-one wide. For a beginner in skating, the width of the board is not so important. A wooden deck is made from several layers of Canadian or Chinese maples. The first option is better and more durable, but at a price more expensive. The second is cheaper and wears out faster. There are boards in which both breeds are combined. Good competition to traditional decks is made of high-strength plastic and bamboo products. For a skateboard, a deck that can withstand high loads is important, because when jumping, the pressure of the mass increases.
- The number of layers in the base. The board consists of several layers of material that are very tightly glued together. Decks usually consist of 6 to 10 layers. The smaller – the lighter the board, but more fragile. Thick skateboards are chosen by experienced skaters who perform complex tricks that require increased strength. For beginners, it is better to choose a seven-layer base, because the ratio of price and quality is the best here.
Suspension and bearings
- Pendant for a skateboard. It is with its help that you can turn on a skateboard. It is made of aluminum and steel, but on children’s models, there are plastic ones. The thick structure can withstand more weight, however, the entire board becomes heavier, so you need to keep this in mind. It is also important to see that the base and suspension fit each other in width.
- A detail that no skateboard can do without is bearings. They are responsible for the maximum speed, for the duration of the rink. The most common marking is ABEC-3, 5, or 7. The larger the number, the faster you can roll. It also turns out to meet the numbers 1 and 9 in the title. In the children’s board, “units” and “triples” are more often put, because there are speed limits. For amateurs, semi-professionals it is 5 and 7. Well, for professionals, ABEC-9 with a minimum restriction is intended.
The wheel part of the board has three characteristics:
By diameter, the wheels are divided into 48, 52, 56, and 60 millimeters. The speed characteristics of the board depending on the size. Small wheels have a big plus when picking up speed, but they quickly reset it. The big ones have a strong side in a long fast ride, but the acceleration is very long. Sales in Russia show that 52 and 56-millimeter wheels are better “go under the hammer”.
The running gear is made of polyurethane, which has proved itself to be a very reliable, wear-resistant material. In cheaper versions of skate wheels can be made of plastic. But such quickly erased and withstand less load.
Stiffness affects the speed and durability of the wheels. Durometer – this is the measure of the hardness of a wheelbase material. It starts with 72 (the softest) and ends with 102 (the toughest). Soft wheels are more used when riding on a not very flat surface, they better tolerate surface roughness, and skateboarding is easier to manage. Rigid are set for riding on smooth asphalt, for parks. They pick up speed and keep faster, but vibrations on roughnesses are felt strongly.
Selection criteria for longboards
When searching for a longboard, you need to consider that there are a lot of varieties of these units. First of all, you need to decide on the driving style. It is clear that for beginners it is more difficult to say how they will ride. But it’s worth thinking about it because the appearance of the board depends on it. Boards are divided into several aspects.
According to the style of skiing
- Cruisers or carvings are very agile “urban” vehicles. The length of the base is from 75 to 130 centimeters.
- Downhill – suitable for downhill skiing. The deck of such boards is about one meter in length, very stiff. The suspension is increased, the angle for rotation is small. This makes it possible to make maneuvers at a speed smoother. Such a board can “give out” speed of about 140 kilometers per hour.
- Freeride and slide – such boards are similar to units for high-speed descents, but the shape and design of the wheels make it possible to enter a controlled skid.
- Slalom – boards with a short (60 – 70 centimeters), rigid, straight deck. They have good handling, but for a long time from the mountains you can’t ride these.
- A hybrid is a cross between a cruiser and a slalom board. The base length of 70 – 80 centimeters means that maneuverability is better than the carving board, and the speed is higher than the “slalom”.
- Surf-style longboards. Their length is from one and a half to three meters. It is difficult to confuse with other types of boards, except with real ones, for surfing.
- Stunt boards. Among the longs, there are versions for tricks. The length of such a board is from 90 to 100 centimeters. She has a rigid base, like on a skateboard, bent on one side to perform jumps.
Differences in the basics of longboards
- By the shape of the deck, you can determine why the board. If there are distinguishable “tail” and “nose”, then these are boards for downhill, freeride, slide. If the back is bent, then this is a stunt board.
- Longboards, like skateboards, also differ in deck material. Chinese, Canadian maple is a traditional material for the foundations of all boards. Lightweight boards are made from bamboo. A long plastic is not afraid of moisture, which makes it durable when riding in the city.
- As for layering, then the structure is like a skateboard. The difference is only in the maximum layers, which can reach up to thirteen. But it is always necessary to remember that the more, the heavier the unit.
- The undercarriage of the longboards is different from that of the skateboards. So if skates have a suspension width that cannot be wider than the base, then for longs this is the norm. The smaller the suspension, the more agile the board. And the more, the worse the maneuverability.
Differences in the structure of the suspension and wheels
- Another suspension differs in angle. More means the board will turn better. Standard – 50 degrees. For fast descents, the stable speed you need to choose a smaller angle of rotation.
- There is a difference in shock absorbers. Hard ones are usually set for high-speed downhill, freeride and slide because of maneuverability and speed increase. Soft suspension is suitable for urban skating.
- The diameter of the wheels of the longboards is greater than that of skateboards. You can find longs with wheels from 4 to 14.5 centimeters, but the standard is 7. Large wheels help to develop high speed, and less – acceleration.
- To measure the stiffness, the same Durometer scale is used. The universal choice is 78A. For the slide, wheels with an index of 99A are used, and the hardest ones are 101A for a high-speed downhill.
- Wheels with round edges are suitable for all types of riding, except for the downhill, where grip and motion control are needed.
- Popular bearings for urban longboards are marked ABEC-5 and 7. The best bearings for downhill racing are ACEB 9, 11.
Skating is fun, and it is a type of physical activity. Kids can go to the park or school if those places are nearer to your house. In the beginning, it is fun, and a wonderful Skateboard adds to the fun element. Once you are out there to purchase a Skateboard, make the perfect choice by going through all that is listed above.
One more suggestion is that, don’t be too meticulous, you can not have an ideal product without paying the money that it deserves. Your goal should be to provide a wonderful experience to your kid while skating, and if they are glad, you have just won the battle, and it is the biggest indicator of the right decision.
Know about the basics of how different parts of the skateboard works and also teach your kid to maintain it properly because purchasing a good product is not a big deal. Maintaining them is one of the challenges. More carefully, it is treated more durable it becomes.