Many girls look at their peers and older friends, who are cutting through the skateboard, and then they ask dads and mothers to give them such a cool thing. Parents do not seem to mind: they haven’t come up with anything better than outdoor activities. And live communication with peers is better than endless gatherings on the Internet.
It seems that a skateboard for a girl can be picked up at any store. However, prices often turn up, and goods are of poor quality. Yes, friends tell “horror” about the unimaginable trauma of a new hobby.
And at the same time, they recall that the girl was more appropriate to sit in the sandbox / embroider/read books, rather than ride on a skateboard. Do not deprive the child of the joy of movement. It’s better to get to know this sporting area.
How to skateboard for girls?
First, you need to pick up protective equipment. Protection should be tried on and make sure that the knee pads and elbow pieces do not fidget, the gloves sit like a glove, and the helmet does not interfere with riding and does not squeeze the head.
Special clothes for skateboarding are not required, but at first, it’s worth putting on clothes that you don’t mind stain or tear. Dress so that you can easily put on and remove protective equipment. Shoes should be comfortable. Sneakers or sneakers are ideal.
When clothes and protection are picked up, you can go to the first training session. The first steps on a skateboard are best done under the guidance of an instructor. The specialist will tell you what to look for to hold on the board for as long as possible. If this were not nearby, dads or mothers would have to take on the role of an instructor.
First of all, the child should be brought to a flat area without pits and inclines. An ideal option would be a specially equipped playground.
First, the girl must learn to stand on the board. The legs are slightly bent; the back is straight, the body is slightly tilted forward, looking straight ahead. Pupils and adolescents can already control this situation on their own, but the babies will have to ensure their dad or mom. When the exercise “stand on the board” will be taken for granted, you can proceed to skate.
To begin with, they choose a pushing leg (this is the leg with which the child will push off when riding). Then the girl learns to push off, put a pushing leg next to the supporting one, without losing balance, ride on the board, and stop.
You can’t say in advance how much time it will take to master the basic techniques of skateboarding. Some children take a couple of weeks to do this, while others take a couple of months.
It is essential to encourage the child and support his desire to get a new interesting skill.
When a girl can boast of confident riding in a straight line, you can invite her to master one of the basic tricks. This is an Allie when a skateboarder jumps with the board. The athlete puts one leg on the backbend of the board (tail); the second stands in the center. Legs are slightly bent. Standing on the trail makes a click on the ground, and the second immediately extends parallel to the board.
A similar trick is nolly. Only a click is made with the foot in front, and the second leg pulls the skate up. Also, beginners are actively mastering the manual and rally with a twist.
The first is considered one of the simplest elements when an athlete clicks on the tail, lifting the front of the skate, and then holds the balance, helping himself with his hands.
The execution of the second is similar to the usual ollie; only it is performed with a twist: after clicking, you need to twist the board with your second foot and turn yourself. At first, you can help yourself with your hands.
The most challenging element is the kickflip. It is performed only when the ollie is obtained on the machine because both tricks start the same way. Only during the execution of the kickflip, it is necessary to twist the board in a horizontal plane.
First, they make an Allie, and when the front foot is at the level of the bend of the skate, it is sharply twisted. After rotation, the board is stopped with two legs.
If you want to master more complicated tricks, you should turn to experienced skaters. They can advise on the implementation of the element and verify the correctness of its application.
Our Recommended Skateboards for Boys and Girls
|Xtreme Free||X Free Skateboards 31 Inches Complete Skateboards for Beginners (28)||Prime||Buy Now|
|WiiSHAM||WiiSHAM Complete 31'' Skateboard (10)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Punisher Skateboards||Punisher Skateboards Butterfly Jive Complete 31-Inch Skateboard with Canadian Maple||Prime||Buy Now|
|BELEEV||BELEEV Skateboard 22 inch Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard for Kids Teens Adults, LED Light up Wheels with All-in-One Skate T-Tool for Beginners (Rose Pink)||Prime||Buy Now|
|WHOME||WHOME Pro Skateboard Complete for Adult Youth Kid and Beginner - 31" Double Kick Concave Street Skateboard 8 Layer Alpine Hard Rock Maple Deck ABEC-9 Bearings Includes T-Tool||Prime||Buy Now|
|Sangde||Easy_Way Complete Skateboards- Standard Skateboards with Colorful Flashing Wheels for Beginners Starter, Kids Boys Girls Youth- 31''x 8''Canadian Maple Cruiser Pro Skate Boards,Longboard Skateboards||Prime||Buy Now|
|SkateXS||SkateXS Beginner Unicorn Girls Skateboard||Prime||Buy Now|
Pros and cons Of Skateboarding
Skateboarding improves coordination and trains the vestibular apparatus. To stay on the board, the child has to use all the muscles of the body. If the girl rides often, her muscles will tone, she will become stronger and more resilient.
A child learns to control his actions, and even if something goes wrong, he will always have time to jump off the board and avoid falling. While cycling, repeating the same is much harder.
The skateboard does not contain small and sharp details. It is only necessary to control so that the restless child does not begin to unscrew the bolts that attach the wheels to the board.
Skateboarding is suitable for both teenagers and schoolchildren, as well as 4-5-year-old kids. On the one hand, a small child is still poorly on his feet, and it is too early to put him on the board. On the other hand, he has a relatively small body weight and short stature.
Therefore, even a fall from the skate will do without consequences.
Many people rightly call the disadvantage of a skateboard injury risk. This is true; they fall from the board not only during tricks but also while learning to keep a balance. It won’t work right away – to drive even a short distance on the board; you will have to work out.
It is almost impossible to protect yourself from falls, but to provide protection against bruises and abrasions is quite realistic. To do this, you should buy a child with a full set of protection (knee pads, elbow pieces, gloves, and helmet).
Skateboards are relatively inexpensive, but not every family can give 5 thousand rubles for a skateboard for a child. There are skateboards for sale that have a more realistic price tag. You definitely should not take frank cheap stuff, since there is a risk of running into a fake.
The difficulty is that a girl can “fall in love” with a beautiful pink skate, which in fact will turn out to be a rough fake, difficult to drive, and with poor quality wheels. Therefore, before going to the store, you must agree with the child that you will not miss the first thing that catches your eye.
Before heading to the store, it is worth getting to know the leading manufacturers of skateboards.
Markapa 22 skateboards are considered the most convenient models for those who are taking their first steps in the world of skateboarding. The middle part of these boards is strong and stable, which allows you to learn how to balance quickly.
BELEEV 22 skateboards are lightweight and beautifully designed. They are appreciated for their convenience and reliability. These boards are equipped with a small bend. Another popular company is the Penny Board, whose skateboards are bought for young children. And now, you can go and choose the right skateboard model for the young athlete.
How to choose a skateboard For Girls?
There is an opinion that it is impossible to grow out of a skateboard. Roughly speaking, you can buy a 5-year-old girl an adult board, and she will ride until she gets bored. And mom and dad can also practice on such aboard. Picking up a skateboard is based on age characteristics. For example, for children under 5 years old, you should buy micro-boards, the size of which is 27.2-27.6×6.5-6.75 inches.
For 6-8-year-old girls, 28×7 inch mini-skateboards are purchased. For 9-12 years, the so-called mid-size skateboards are designed, the size of which is 29×7.3 inches. Finally, for 14-year-olds, they buy the Desks series skateboards. There is a gradation in growth: less than a meter, up to a meter, and up to one and a half meters. If you have to choose a skate for a teenager, you can pay attention not only to teenagers but also to adult models.
The most reliable are skates made from Canadian maple. As a rule, on a children’s skate, it takes 6-7 layers of this durable tree. Griptape is always glued to the board, which does not allow the legs to glide while moving. In appearance and touch, it should resemble sandpaper. The surface of the skateboard should be perfectly flat, the deck – without the slightest sign of delamination.
Polyurethane wheels should be approximately 52-70 cm in diameter. For beginners, it’s worth choosing skateboards with small soft wheels: they do not allow you to develop high speed and are easier to control. If skateboarding drags on, it will eventually be possible to purchase a model with hard wheels for speed skating.
You should carefully inspect the suspension to which the wheels are attached. If a skate is bought for a small child, it is enough to make sure that the suspension does not “crawl out” of the board. For a teenager and a schoolboy, you need to choose a model with thick metal pendants. They make the skate more cumbersome but hold the wheels firmly.
It is worth paying attention to the concave – the front and rear bend of the board. A beginner skater is ideally suited for a board with an average concave. Pronounced bends are more suitable for tricks.
The year of manufacture of the product is essential. The skateboard is slightly deformed during storage, so it’s worth buying a board released this year.
It should be borne in mind that the price consists not only of the quality of materials but also of the presence or absence of design. Painted or luminous skateboards are more expensive than regular plain boards. The latter can be independently painted in any color or decorated with cool stickers.
A skateboard can be used as a vehicle or sports equipment to perform tricks.
The design of a skateboard consists of several basic elements:
- Soundboard. This is the skateboard baseboard itself. Consists of several layers of glued maple veneer. As a rule, these are 7 or 9 layers, but for lightweight models, 5 layers are used. For children’s skateboards, 6-7 layers of veneer are enough.
- Griptape is the top deck cover. In appearance, it is very similar to sandpaper. Thanks to this self-adhesive tape, the legs do not slide off the skateboard while moving or performing tricks.
- Suspension. Robust metal construction for connecting wheels to the board. Most often made of an alloy of aluminum with other metals.
- Wheels. The main criterion for choosing wheels is stiffness. It is sufficient rigidity that makes skate movements smoother. If there is a special area for skateboarding, the wheels can be soft. For an ordinary yard or street, it is best to choose a board with hard wheels.
- Bearings, pads, base, shock absorbers, and other parts.
Before starting classes, it is important to take care of equipment, the choice of a place for skiing. This applies to both children and adults. A beginner should choose a board-wide enough to learn the basics of riding easier and faster. It is advisable to choose an aluminum suspension; do not chase a large wheel size. While a beginner is studying, a relatively flat board with a rigid chassis will be needed.
Safety Care Equipment First.
Tips for beginners:
- For classes, you will need special shoes. Sneakers made for riders are best suited for a good grip.
- You will need a ski area. A novice athlete must practice on smooth, paved surfaces. At first, quiet parks or squares with few passers-by and small children are perfect. Having mastered the basics, you can move to special skate parks or platforms.
- Comfortable, functional clothing for classes is essential. It’s better to start training in a form that is not a pity to spoil, because, during falls, it will tear, cling, get dirty with dirt, grass, even blood.
- Protective equipment required. The standard set includes gloves, knee pads, elbow pieces. If a child learns to ride, then a helmet will come in handy.
Today on sale, you can see a huge variety of skateboards of a wide variety of designs, sizes, and designs. The smallest and lightest models are designed for children 5-6 years old.
In general, it is believed that children under 7 – 8 years old should not engage in skateboarding. Of course, you can put a 4-5-year-old baby on a skate, but experts are unanimous: young children do not have good stability and coordination of movements. Therefore, an early acquaintance with a skateboard can result in injuries.
At any age, it is necessary to start classes under the supervision of a more experienced and adult trainer. Parents should hold their children from 4 to 5 years old while riding with one hand and insure against falling.
The length of the standard board is from 78 to 83 cm, and the width is from 19 to 21.5 cm. However, these sizes are designed for adults. Therefore, depending on children’s age, there are different sizes of skateboards (we are talking about a traditional skateboard, not a cruiser):
- Skateboards for children whose height has not yet reached 1 meter. The dimensions of the skateboard are 27.2 – 27.6 x 6.5 – 6.75 inches (length – about 70 cm).
- Children 6 to 8 years of age up to 1.4 m. Board size – 28 x 7 inches. (length – up to 71 cm.)
- Children from 9 to 12 years old with a height of up to 1.5 m. The size of the board is 29 x 7.3 inches (length up to 74 cm).
- Children over 13 years old. Adult skate sizes are suitable.
When choosing a skate for a novice athlete, do not chase the external beauty and original design.
You can assemble the skate yourself by purchasing the necessary parts separately, but a novice child should buy a finished board. Preference should be given to brands of well-known, trusted manufacturers. They will be more expensive than plastic counterparts, but there will be firm confidence in their quality, reliability, and safety for the child.
Skateboarding is a kind of extreme sport. It consists of performing tricks of varying difficulty with a skateboard. There are many riding styles.
The most popular among them:
- Flatland. Skating and performing tricks on a flat surface.
- Straight. She is skating on the street using all kinds of stairs, railings, ceilings, etc.
- Freestyle. A style characterized by performing tricks and jumps in the same plane.
- Werth. Style with performing stunt elements on a ramp.
- A park. The implementation of particularly complex and spectacular elements on the ramp.
The first thing you should start training with is to choose a push leg. Once mastered the correct setting, you can learn to push, move, and stop. Do not rush; the process should take some time.
To learn how to learn the 5 basic elements of skateboarding, see the video.
After the uniform and the place for training were found, you can begin to learn the first lessons. Learning the basic elements takes several hours for trained people who have previously dealt with skis, roller skates, or skates. Those who are faced with this sport for the first time will have a little more difficulty.
The main task for someone who learns to ride from scratch is to get on a skateboard, stay on the board. To do this, select the appropriate rack. There are 2 types of them:
- Regular stance – the left leg is in front, the skating is turned face to the right.
- Goofy stand – face turned left, right foot in front.
There are several ways to determine your stance for a novice athlete accurately. You need to find an open area so that there are no obstacles in front, and begin to fall forward. That leg, which instinctively will be extended to support the first, is the lead. You can also run up and jump forward by following which foot was torn off first.
The supporting leg is the one that is used to repel while riding. In most cases, this is the right one, but you need to focus on your feelings. To do this, you need to push for some time with one or the other foot. In the process, the skater will be able to determine how he will ride more comfortably.
When a person learns to ride forward, he needs to show how to turn on a skateboard. This is already a more complicated trick. To be able to control a skate, you will need to learn how to transfer body weight from heels to socks smoothly and back, rotate the body in the right direction.
The novice does not need sharp turns, so, first of all, it is worth mastering smooth ones. The easiest way to turn around is with a slight tilt of the case in the right direction. A more complex turn is made by shifting the center of gravity of the body to the rear wheels. With a slight tilt, you must try to steer the skate wheels in the right direction. Sharp turns are made according to the same principle; only body movements must be more reliable and more confident.
Braking is of two types – smooth and sharp. You can stop in different ways:
- Foot braking. This method is the most natural to master. During the movement, you just need to move the supporting leg to the ground and slowly gradually brake. You can’t sharply step on the field with your foot; this is fraught with falls and injuries.
- Heel roll. This is a more complicated trick that will have to be studied for a long time, through numerous mistakes and falls. The heel of the leading leg needs to be pressed on the back of the board so that the front is raised above the ground higher than the back.
- Slip. A trick only for experienced skaters, borrowed from those who skate. Its principle is to slide the back of the board on asphalt, thereby stopping.
- Jumping off. This method of braking is used when there is no way to stop the movement differently. Implementing it is quite simple – you need to bend your knees and jump off the board right on the go.
The nuances of teaching a child
Not only boys but also girls like to ride aboard. Classes with kids can start from 7-8 years. It’s easy to teach a child to ride a skateboard, and it is essential to observe the following nuances:
- The first skate for beginner children should not be professional or designed to perform tricks. The wheels should be solid so that skating will be as comfortable as possible. It is desirable that the board itself was made of non-slip materials.
- For children, protection is required: elbow pieces, knee pads, helmet, gloves.
- Clothing should be chosen comfortable, not restricting movements, preferably from cotton material. At the first training session, it is worth putting on those things that are not a pity to tear up or ruin.
- Shoes are better to choose without laces, on a thick and thick sole. Sneakers, sneakers, sports slippers, or specialized skate shoes are suitable.
- At first, the child needs to learn to balance. To do this, he will have to be supported by the hand, insured against falls. No exercise will help the baby to maintain balance, and this skill is achieved by training. It will be great if a more experienced friend helps him and learns to ride a skateboard. The same principle determines the leading leg as in an adult.
- Turns, braking, and maneuvering are performed according to the standard scheme.
- Parents need to understand that a child should have a desire to learn how to ride a skateboard. Otherwise, nothing will work. He needs to explain the technique of performing movements clearly and clearly, without raising his voice.
Of the most famous and popular companies manufacturing skateboards, one can note:
- Alien Workshop. These are classic, durable boards with large bends. Designed for skiing, not suitable for jumping elements.
- Black label One of the most convenient models for beginner skateboarders. They have a stable, strong middle part of the board, however, the front and back parts, due to the deep concave, can begin to break over time.
- Blind Boards, distinguished primarily by their aesthetically attractive appearance. Lightweight.
- Santa Cruz Convenient, strong boards of the original design. They have a small bend.
- Penny Board. A high-quality Australian brand that pays great attention to detail. This option is most famous for young children.
For information on how not to fall for the scammers and not buy a fake, see the following video using Penny Board as an example:
Extreme attention to safety
For training, it is best to choose loose clothing made from natural fabrics and comfortable shoes. It is imperative to use tools to protect the parts of the body that are most susceptible to shock and injuries: a helmet, protection for elbows, knees, wrists, and lower legs.
It is best to start training on the specially equipped sites for this – smooth, even, and without bias. Before training, try to stand on a skateboard on the grass.
Both adults and children should follow safety during skateboarding. Key recommendations:
- Skateboarding is an extreme sport, so the equipment must be of high quality.
- Falls are an inevitable component of skiing, and protection must be taken in advance.
- You need to take care of the skateboard: tighten the bolts, check the parts for wear, and change the deck when cracked or broken.
- Only one person can ride aboard at a time.
- Adults should only accompany children under 10 years old.
- Engage in specially designated areas, do not travel on roadways and crowded places.
- Do not cling to moving vehicles (bicycles, mopeds, cars).
- Do not ride a skateboard in the dark, in bad weather.
Board riding is a relatively young sport. Learning how to control a skateboard takes time and patience. Fear of falls often slows down the training process, but you should convince yourself that this is inevitable.
Selection Tips Of Skateboard
When choosing the right skateboard for your child, you should pay attention to the following points:
- The width of the deck. It can range from 4.7 to 10.62 inches. The narrower the board, the more maneuverable it is, the wider – the more stable. Novice athletes should choose models with a small width. In the learning process, you can choose the model that is optimal for the width.
- Deck length. In principle, the length does not affect the speed and quality of riding. The standard size is 31 inches (78.7 cm), but for very young athletes, the period of the board may be shorter.
- It is best to buy a skateboard made not of plastic, but maple veneer. Plastic models are much cheaper, but less elastic and durable compared to wooden ones.
- Concave. Beginner skateboarders should buy flat boards, and it makes no sense to choose skates with a deep concave (bend). Such boards are suitable for more experienced athletes.
- The surface of the board should be smooth and free from cracks, chips, or dents. A tree can become deformed over time, so it’s best to purchase a newly made skateboard.
What tricks can you perform?
As a rule, the most experienced skateboarders can do the stunt part of skateboarding. However, there are also quite simple feints that even a novice athlete can easily master.
- Ollie (skateboarding). One leg is placed on the backbend of the board (tail), and the second – in the middle or a little further. Then, with the foot on the tail, click on the ground, and stretch the second foot along with the board, as if stretching it. The legs should be slightly bent. The jump, of course, will not work the first time. The main thing in skateboarding is constant training. See the next video for more details.
- Nolly. It reminds the ollie, with the only difference being that the movement begins with the leg that is standing in front. She clicks, and the second leg “pulls” the skateboard up.
- Manual A very simple element. Its essence is as follows: the athlete, clicking on the tail, raises the front of the skateboard and tries to stay on weight, balancing and helping himself with his hands.
You can learn this element faster by watching the following video.
- Ollie with a twist. It is similar to the ollie element, only during its execution you need to try to crank in place with the board. The element begins in the same way as the ollie, only after clicking on the ground, with the second foot you need to twist the skate, turning in the same direction and to yourself. You can help with your hands.
About why beginners can’t get an Allie in the next video.
- Kickflip. The most difficult of the presented elements. It is based on the same Allie, and only during its execution, it is necessary to try to spin the skate horizontally. Exercise is performed in motion. First, you need to do an Allie exercise, and when the front foot reaches the curve of the board, you need to twist it sharply. After rotation, the board stops with two legs.
Watch the following video before making this item.